|THE PYONGYANG TIMES KOREA TODAY KOREA FOREIGN TRADE|
The National Defence Commission is the highest military leadership body of State power and the organ of overall administration of national defence.
The National Defence Commission consists of the Chairman, the First Vice-Chairman, Vice-Chairmen and members.
The term of office of the National Defence Commission is the same as that of the Supreme People’s Assembly.
The Chairman of the National Defence Commission of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea commands and directs all the armed forces and guides national defence as a whole.
The National Defence Commission has the duties and authority to:
1. direct the whole armed forces and defence upbuilding of the State;
2. establish or abolish central bodies in the field of national defence;
3. appoint or remove important military cadres;
4. enact military ranks and confer military ranks higher than a general;
5. proclaim a state of war and mobilization order in the country.
The National Defence Commission issues decisions and orders.
The National Defence Commission is accountable to the Supreme People’s Assembly.
Home | Politics | Tourism | Foreign Trade | Arts | Publication | IT Industry
Korea is One | Contact Us | Site Map
|e-mail : email-us@ kcckp.net|