|THE PYONGYANG TIMES KOREA TODAY KOREA FOREIGN TRADE|
The Cabinet is the administrative and executive body of the highest State power and organ of overall State administration.
The Cabinet consists of the Premier, Vice-Premiers, Chairmen, Ministers and other members as required.
The term of office of the Cabinet is the same as that of the Supreme People’s Assembly.
The Cabinet has the duties and authority to:
1. adopt measures for the implementation of the State policies;
2. adopt, amend or supplement the regulations on State administration on the basis of the Constitution and the laws;
3. direct the work of the Commissions and Ministries of the Cabinet, organs directly under its authority and local people’s committees;
4. establish or abolish organs directly under its authority, major administrative and economic bodies and enterprises, and adopt measures for improving State administration bodies;
5. draft the State plan for the development of the national economy and adopt measures to put it into effect;
6. compile the State budget and adopt measures to implement it;
7. organize and execute the work of industries, agriculture, construction, transport, communications, commerce, trade, land administration, municipal administration, education, science, culture, health service, physical culture and sport, labour administration, protection of environment, sightseeing, and so on;
8. adopt measures to strengthen the monetary and banking system;
9. inspect and control the establishment of order in State administration;
10. adopt measures to maintain public order, protect the property and interests of the State and social, cooperative organizations, and safeguard the rights of citizens;
11. conclude treaties with foreign countries and conduct external affairs;
12. rescind the decisions and directives of administrative and economic bodies which run counter to the decisions and directives of the Cabinet.
The Premier of the Cabinet organizes and guides the work of the Cabinet.
The Premier of the Cabinet represents the Government of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea.
The Cabinet convenes Plenary Meetings and Meetings of the Permanent Committee.
The Plenary Meeting of the Cabinet consists of all the members of the Cabinet. The Meeting of the Permanent Committee consists of the Premier, Vice-Premiers and other members of the Cabinet appointed by the Premier.
The Plenary Meeting of the Cabinet deliberates and decides on the new and important administrative and economic matters.
The Meeting of the Permanent Committee deliberates and decides on the matters entrusted to it by the Plenary Meeting of the Cabinet.
The Cabinet issues decisions and directives.
The Cabinet may have nonpermanent committees to assist it in its work.
The Cabinet is accountable to the Supreme People’s Assembly and to the Presidium of the Supreme People’s Assembly when the Supreme People’s Assembly is not in session.
The newly-elected Premier of the Cabinet takes an oath of allegiance on behalf of the members of the Cabinet at the Supreme People’s Assembly.
The Commissions and Ministries of the Cabinet are departmental executive bodies of the Cabinet and central departmental bodies of administration.
The Commissions and Ministries of the Cabinet supervise and guide the work of the sectors concerned in a uniform way under the guidance of the Cabinet.
The Commissions and Ministries of the Cabinet run committee meetings and cadre meetings.
The committee meeting and cadre meeting deliberate and decide on the measures for the implementation of the decisions and directives of the Cabinet and other important matters.
The Commissions and Ministries of the Cabinet issue directives.
Home | Politics | Tourism | Foreign Trade | Arts | Publication | IT Industry
Korea is One | Contact Us | Site Map
|e-mail : email-us@ kcckp.net|